Welcome to the CNC Maker Zone Forum. We are a community for both the CNC Professional and Novice. Why wait another moment? Register today, and get started! Best of all, it's FREE!!!

1. If you have the skills to write topical articles for money let us know. If you want to help moderate the site let us know.

Need help with a dual head router

Discussion in 'Mach Software (ArtSoft software)' started by 3dprintforums, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 3dprintforums

3dprintforums Apprentice

Blog Posts:
    New Jersey
    I have a 2 head router, with the following set-up-

1 stepper operating the pair of spindles

2 spindles operated with air on 2 relays using outputs

I want to switch between the two head based on the tool number, so I would have to use outputs, can anyone help with this?

2. Engineer_Machinist

Engineer_Machinist Moderator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    SE WA
    I would think you would need two different work offsets, one for each head at the same location of the workpiece. Then set up the two tools, so you would need to call up a tool change as well as change the work offset.

3. 3dprintforums

3dprintforums Apprentice

Blog Posts:
    New Jersey
    Yes but I need to activate the relay to drop the right spindle and that is what i don't know how to do.

4. Engineer_Machinist

Blog Posts:
    SE WA
    I have an I/O box that is M controlled? Do you have both M7 and M8 outlets? You might have to code in a M01 then switch one head on and the other off.

5. 3dprintforums

3dprintforums Apprentice

Blog Posts:
    New Jersey
    I am using a Mach controller and yes I'm using M from mach to control the relays, but need a macro or somthing to allow me to pick with head to use.

6. Engineer_Machinist

Blog Posts:
    SE WA
    Well if you don't have outlets or connections for M7 & M8 control you may look at the Tormach I/O board kit.