Welcome to the CNC Maker Zone Forum. We are a community for both the CNC Professional and Novice. Why wait another moment? Register today, and get started! Best of all, it's FREE!!!

1. If you have the skills to write topical articles for money let us know. If you want to help moderate the site let us know.

COMPENSATING FOR W IN MASTER CAM

Discussion in 'Mastercam' started by workerbee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. workerbee

workerbee Newbie

Blog Posts:
    I am using a generic 4 axis mill post for fanuc in inches and I just started programing for a horizontal boring mill it has x axis table movement y axis spindle up and down z axis spindle in and out also it has a rotary table with b axis and the w axis movex the spindle column. Does master cam make a post that will take w into consideration when writing a program ?I have been programming for VMC for a long time now and use the touch off method to set my tools so I am now exploring what it takes to run an hbm any help would be greatly appreciated even a suggestion to a book or reference would be helpful. I am confident I will learn how to make it work I would just like to learn it faster and with as less problems as possible